Health Insurance Enrollment & Renewal
- Information about free and low-cost health insurance options that meet your needs
- On-site Health Coverage Counselors at most CMC locations
- Free assistance with Medi-Cal and Covered CA health plan enrollment and renewal
- CALL OR TEXT (209) 373-2824 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
For Public Assistance Programs in your community, click on your county:
San Joaquin County
Online Appointment Requests – If you are a patient at any of our locations, you may request an appointment by using the Patient Portal. Your email address must be on file with us in order to use this fast, free service. If you have not registered for the Patient Portal, call any location for assistance.
Appointments - are operated on an appointment system. Appointments may be made by calling your clinic appointment desk. Same day appointments are available for patients with urgent conditions. If you are unable to keep your appointment please call to reschedule or cancel.
After Hours Assistance - if you are experiencing a medical or emotional crisis, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. If you are a CMC patient and need to reach your provider urgently outside of regular office hours, you may reach our after-hours line by calling your clinic location. Agents can connect you with the provider on call but cannot assist you with appointment scheduling or cancellation.
Prescriptions - may be filled at Channel Medical Pharmacy, 701 E. Channel in Stockton, or at a community pharmacy of your choice. For refills, contact the pharmacy that filled your prescription.
Paying for Care
CMC will not discriminate in the provision of health care services to an individual:
- Because the individual is unable to pay for the health care services;
- Because payment for those services would be made under Medicare, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP); or
- Based upon the individual’s race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We accept Medi-Cal (Health Plan of San Joaquin, Health Net, Partnership Health Plan of California) Medicare, Medicare Advantage and CMSP coverage. Please bring your current member card to every appointment.
Sliding Fee Discounts - It is the policy of Community Medical Centers, to provide essential services regardless of the patient's ability to pay. Discounts are offered based upon family income and size. Please bring verification of income on your first visit to determine eligibility (tax return or pay stubs).
Billing - Visa and MasterCard Accepted. Statements are mailed monthly and payments must be paid monthly. For questions regarding accounts please call (209) 373-2880.
No Cost Services - many services are available at no cost to qualifying families (based on income). Please ask the receptionist about eligibility requirements for programs that provide well-baby care and immunizations, childhood physical exams, family planning services and confidential HIV testing.